Junie's monologues of travel adventures & daily humdrums



The cutest tree huggers in Brisbane


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



me with * Jaffa

Was in brisbane for almost 4 days in October. Spent my days hanging out with the fantastic crew, going shoping in brisbane central, and visiting the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary-by myself since no one wanted to go with me.
Lone Pine sanctuary was located a 40 min bus ride away from the center of brisbane.
And it is,according to them, the largest Koala sanctuary in the world.
i was told that visiting a sanctuary is a whole lot of different experience from visiting a zoo. And it sure is!

The sanctuary sign board

Athough Lone Pine is mostly a Koala sanctuary, they house a small handful of different Fauna and Flora. They have Kangaroos, Sheeps, Reptiles, Birds, Wombats to name a few.
Sheep dog demostrations or Koala bears presentations are some of the programmes lined up each day. And as a visitor one can look at a printed timetable and decide which ones to attend. I attended the sheep dog demos and the koala presentation. couldnt attend more cuz of limited time. I stayed almost 4 hours at the sancturay!

Sheep -Dog -sheep show

lambs!
The Kangaroos in the sanctuary are kept in a park with ample open spaces. visitors can come into the park and mingle freely with the creatures. I found myself a log and sat down amongst a herd of kangaroos. bought some kangaroo feed and made some kangaroo friends.

Kangaroo

don't you think he bears a resemblance to camels?

kangy's smaller cousin

Australian creatures are fascinating aren't they? even the birds are unique!


cant remember the name of this bird, anyone can tell me?

I had a rare opportunity to see the male peacock spread its tail feathers. I personally have never seen one display its feather as the one below. and i actually saw the whole process of it!
At the time of its display , i saw a turkey around the vincinity , maybe it was a female turkey?! there wasnt any female peacocks ard...


male peacock



the sleeping koala

most koalas sleep the major part of their lives away. Their diet consists of eculytus leaves and since what they eat don't give them a lot of energy , it is nature's decree that they have to conserve as much energy as they can throughout the day. So whenever you see a koala they are mostly very sleepy looking and always yawning * i know! how cute right?

the same koala a few seconds apart. she's half awake from one of her numerous snooze


my favourite tree hugger


she has a cute face doesnt she? each koala supposedly
looks unique and the keepers claim they can recognize
the koals just by looking at their faces


two sleepy koalas looking nonchalent


huggsssss

sleepy head


0 Responses to “The cutest tree huggers in Brisbane”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 







About me


  • Travel blog of Junie
  • A design-lover who also loves to create, I blog about inspirations and beauty that i come across in my daily life.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




click to go to junieang.com

Currently looking for design employment! beep me if u know someone who knows someone!



Links


ATOM 0.3





Paris Weather

Click for Paris, France Forecast

Singapore weather

Click for Singapore Payalebar, Singapore Forecast



<