Junie's monologues of travel adventures & daily humdrums



Manchester City


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yup, I'm back to flying, ankle's still hurting but its getting much better. Febuary is my first completely rostered month. It's also the month of my much anticipated leave. First on my agenda, two Manchester trips back to back. Most of you might remember Manchester for the famous english football club Manchester United. And probably thinking now that i might have some insights on the training grounds or of the club-- nope. Sorry to dissapoint the likes of you. I'm not a fan of football, never will be. * shrug. Did my research and none of my friends are man u fans either. Liverpool anyone?
Manchester was an important city in the Industrial Revolution. It was the most important city in england for the Cotton trade back then. Today however, Manchester comes across as a city that marrys new modern architecture with old world charms. Old brick buildings in styles of the old design movements sit comfortably side by side with newer cousins of the millenium- glass and steel structures reflecting the orangey light of the winter sun, bricks and mortar diffusing the light, giving off a soothing vermillion glow. Real pretty.
So pretty that despite the ridculously low temperature of minus 5 degrees and the Left ankle hurting from walking too much on my injury,I pressed on like an injured soldier;
determined to plow the city for its beautiful winter sights. First stop the old Library, built in roman style or a round-about rotana. went in for a quick tour too. LOADs of good books. Im so jealous theres nothing like it where i am.

the central library, manchester city

Next stop the town hall, really nice gothic looking landmark of manchester. Today it is still used a meeting menu for community activities and conferences. I had a look inside but tours were limited because of an event being held.

Town hall of manchester

artistic spooky sculpture in the town hall
Picadilly place is the train stop to alight when u take a train from the airport, which is what i did.
The first building when u come out of the station -piccadily place ( below)

Some manchester sights

contrary to my previous misconception that manchester is a boring as hell destination, I ended up loving the city for its charms. I definitely wouldnt mind a single bit if im rostered for it again.
Love it.




0 Responses to “Manchester City”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 







About me


  • Travel blog of Junie
  • A design-lover who also loves to create, I blog about inspirations and beauty that i come across in my daily life.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




click to go to junieang.com

Currently looking for design employment! beep me if u know someone who knows someone!



Links


ATOM 0.3





Paris Weather

Click for Paris, France Forecast

Singapore weather

Click for Singapore Payalebar, Singapore Forecast



<