Junie's monologues of travel adventures & daily humdrums



shackles of attachments


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Had a lunchtime conversation today with some of my ex-colleagues. Some really interesting topics came up; amongst those, one in particular caught my undivded attention. According to them and what they have heard employment on an oil rig pays $10K USD a month. God can that be true?!
And for every three weeks that you work you get two weeks off. In a year you can make $120K USD! well talk about having it made! i guess with pay like that you are pretty much set for an early retirement; that is of course, if you dont die on the job. But hey. what the heck. Its a good deal for the risks that you take. The older guys told us, that we, being young and without attachments, and single, we can do as we please and explore opportunities. It made me think a little. People who got into stable relationships and decide to start a family opted for stability in the first place right? yet there's a price to pay for that, you have to be shackled willingly to your attachments. Stick it out in a job even if you are not enjoying your work anymore, be less mobile cuz your movements not only affects you but your spouse and children. Pay for the marriage pay for the house, pay for the children pay for their education. Thinking about that gives me the creeps, at least i know i wouldnt be able to do that for now. I am not financially secure enough i dont want more responsibilities on my plate on top of taking care of my finances loans and obligations to my family's needs. Well but i guess if you meet someone you really love its an accompanied journey. Strife can be shared between two persons and the bitterness aint so bitter. maybe. Still, shackles gives me a feeling of overbearing entrapment. I wanna be free to make choices now. I dont want no shackles. I want wings.


0 Responses to “shackles of attachments”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 







About me


  • Travel blog of Junie
  • A design-lover who also loves to create, I blog about inspirations and beauty that i come across in my daily life.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




click to go to junieang.com

Currently looking for design employment! beep me if u know someone who knows someone!



Links


ATOM 0.3





Paris Weather

Click for Paris, France Forecast

Singapore weather

Click for Singapore Payalebar, Singapore Forecast



<